Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Extempore....

Hi !


Guys (and gals of course, if any) I am writing this slow as I know you cannot read fast. Oops ! I know..I know its an old joke. Sorry.

Office sucks. This morning after I got up I did not even have the minimum will to come to office. This has been going on for a week or so. Though I am comfortably placed at the office with no major live projects around. But that's precisely the problem, I find it criminal to kill time though don't have many options on that. I tried doing some assignments to keep myself busy, something on Commodity Hedging, some analysis of the project data etc. etc. but every third day I am down. Perhaps I derive a lot of strength from the kind of work I do, same as when I am dressed well I feel much more confident.


I have to make a name for myself in my career. I have a family to take care, my wife & daughter depend on me. I can't afford to take sanyas & be in an ashram or a temple serving god. Though I would love to do precisely that


Recently got some shirts, 3 of them to be exact. They are fabulous. These are short shirts & after wearing them it seemed I had gone back in time by 5-6 years. I was looking all of 22-23. One is a black (with shades of gray....of course I am talking only about the shirt :), second one is white & third is a checked shirt with shades of maroon & light brown. I was able to get them cheap (Rs.275 bucks a piece or 6 dollars ), by the way I was looking out for cheap shirts as I wanted them for daily use. Branded ones start from Rs. 1000 (22 dollars).


I realised recently, as I made the first monthly budget of household expenses, that I am not earning enough to splurge at free will, I have cut down on the car as petrol (gas) prices have shot out of the roof. In the last 3 months its shot up by more than 20% to Rs.48 (1.2 dollars) a litre. To my horror I realised that I had been using about Rs.2000-2500 worth of petrol every month on the car. So the car is only for weekends now else every month I will end up screwing the budget. I am using my scooter for commuting to & from office. My office is 14 kms. from where I stay. Its painful but worth the savings.

This could go on & on & on....like a Duracell....but

The conclusion I arrive at is that I am not good at extempore, I can babble & babble well at that if I wish but I would never consider it to be one of my strengths. I need to think to be good or even okay....to make sense. Hmmm that's it. :-)


'Thought of the today' which I thought of today : "In the past I lived in present, presently I live in the past."

PS: The author was suffering from bouts of schizophrenia when he composed this piece and & hence does not take any responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of the contents. He may please be excused for whatever he may have written :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home