Friday, October 07, 2005

Past....

Every second that goes by…just goes….till its past. Speaking of past, I recently asked myself “Do I have this tendency of living too much in the past ?”

Maybe its because humans generally have the habit of remembering only good things out of the past. We get over life, misery, bad times, ups, downs & what not. Whoever said “Grass is greener on the other side”, said so rightly.

There are some people who live in the past. I accept my situations albeit with a pinch of salt. I have to take responsibility for my actions & beliefs. Whereas some people carry the emotional baggage from the past for eternity. Some people just remember anything which you may have said or done and which they did not like, even years later.

I forgive & forget. Life is too short to be wasted on such things. One has to think big of the larger issues of how to achieve your dreams and not get caught up in the mundane.

Sometimes life may not leave you with the choice like it happened in the case of one of my friends. His 30 yr old brother was diagnosed with cancer & his brother passed away before he could celebrate his 31st Birthday. This friend of mine shifted from Mumbai to be with his parents & sister-in-law at Vadodara and he will have to take care of them as he is the only earning member. Moreover they’ve spent a fortune in the medical treatment. This guy is married and has a newborn. Whoever said life was easy.

Great minds should talk about ideas, I had read somewhere.

1 Comments:

Blogger R R said...

hmm a tricky topic ... it's like one of those situations when "if you do, you are doomed .. if you don't, you are doomed" ... if you live in the past, you are doomed ... if you forget the past, you are doomed too ... hmm my brain needs time to comprehend it. for now, i really don't know what to argue against.

8/10/05 1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home