Friday, October 07, 2005

Friends-II....

Some other friends I made during my four years at the Engineering College. Its been six long years since we got out of college but these guys are responsible for making the experience worth remembering. Those were the best days of my life !

We still are in regular touch over yahoo groups "hellobhailog". Thanks Anant for thinking of this.

# Vihang Shah - I don't know how he is now ( i mean as a person....no major changes expected) but I admire the guy for his guts he had when at college. Though it seems an antithesis now, then his antics surprised one and all. To top it he had the guts to pull it off everytime. I still remember poor guy fractured his right leg (or left was it ? i think it was right) in process of helping a gal(friend...who was not a girlfriend mind you) at the college helping her with her stubborn kinetic which just refused to start. His leg was in a plaster for 3-4 weeks after that. What a big price to pay for a small help ? Not to mention the kinetic did not start ultimately.

I was lucky to be in Mumbai when he got married at Pune & was able to attend his wedding in 2003. He is in Germany now on a company assignment, is with Infosys.

# Mrinmoy Pal - Thy name is Pal...Mrinmoy Pal. Friendship was his second name. He was one of the best buddies in college. Happy go lucky guy. Nothing ever bothered him....still envy him for his cool headedness. He used to know all my secrets, heartburns etc. etc. He stayed close to my house. I mostly used to help him with his journals. He is with Wipro (I still wonder how he got through it...hey just joking pal) and in the UK now. Getting married in November. Congratulations Pal & best of luck for your married life.

# Anant Acharya - Happy that is back in Vadodara though not for the reasons due to which he came back. We have not been able to meet up often but I understand. One of the smartest guys around in college (he still is....i am sure) with a great sense of humour. Married & with a kid (Ansh). You've been a man of great courage & may god give you so much strength that you're able to being back to yourself and able to get over loss of bhai. Anant is with TCS. Lucky to have attended his & bhai's weddings at Ahmedabad & Bharuch.

# Viral Desai - I drove like mad to get to his wedding at Vadodara (from Surat) in time. Smart no doubt. The only Mane Baddu Avade Chhe (MBA...I know everything) as the famous saying goes in Gujarati. Very balanced & clear about his vision for himself. Is with HDFC in Mumbai.

# Pragnesh - Impeccable timing. He was (oops...is) a genius. He was the one who was able to solve first all difficult questions in maths before people could touch their paper with the pens. He is with Infosys in Pune. Had met him, Ritesh & Gargi when had gone to Pune.

# Ritesh - Hi Ritesh ! Though we could not spend much time together, it has been a pleasure knowing you since college. Undoubtadly the most outgoing & smart guy in our batch (or so I felt). He is with Infosys at Pune. Hey I think Ritesh is still an eligible bachelor.

# Nimit Desai, Vishal Patel - Nimit & Vishal were our jackpot of jokes. Their PJ's or "hathodas" as we used to fondly refer to their jokes always left our jawlines paining. Vishal is married & with Infosys at Pune & Nimit (also married) best of luck wherever you are.

# Chirayu Bhansali - Chirayu was my partner for the project & we did come up with a stunner in a very short time. He happens to be employed at Blue Star which also do some work with my company & we hence are in regular touch since I returned to Vadoara. Married & with a baby.

There are some other names I would like to mention whom I came in touch with during college and we shared the camaraderie though I may not be able to elaborate (for I would have liked to know them better) however they have equally contributed in making me what I am today.

Maulin Patel, KK, Sameer Shah, Akshay Singh, Makrand Upasane, Pankaj Shrivastav, Kunal Patel, Ajit, Madhav.....the list is long. They have been of great help during the college years and my development as an individual.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Penny Consultant said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/10/05 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home