Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Expectations....

Expectations....

From life, from wife, from parents, from siblings, from boss, from friends, from oneself. Hope or Expectations ! Apologies for using those words in an interchangeable manner but undoubtedly that's what keeps us going as individuals in this journey of life.

Some of these are fulfilled whereas we feel we've been short-changed on some others. Life goes on no doubt. We however begin to take a cautious approach whenever we feel we've been let down by those whom we expected from and find that it was not fulfilled. Why to have any expectations from anyone ?

I realised this early in life. There was an incident after which I dramatically reduced my expectations from anyone of anything. Though the incident itself was not so dramatic that I need to mention it here but the lesson I took from it was quite early.

Even after that though I've made my share of mistakes since I had some expectation from someone. Though one thing is for sure, I consciously attempt not to expect from someone or something.

Half of the problems in this world take place since someone expects something from another person. This is only half the problem, when its not fulfilled is where the crux of the problem lies.

Wife feels that her husband will behave in the way she expects but he does not. The husband feels wife should understand & expects her to think the way he thinks. Its not simple.

Children expect parents will go to any extent to fulfill their needs. Parents expect the child to behave in a way that they desire. Parents expect their children will go on to fulfill their dreams. Child expects his/her parents will understand him/her.

Hmmm I expect that someone will come & read this :)

1 Comments:

Blogger R R said...

oyee santu where are you?
loved the read. gotta check it out >>
http://infamousbrat.blogspot.com/2006/01/expectations.html

2/3/06 11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home