Friday, March 10, 2006

BOMB BLASTS RIP VARANASI....

I was deeply pained by the recent blasts that took around 20 lives & injured many more in varanasi. Though I am at a physical level not deeply associated with the place, as I was only born there & except for memories of occasional visits for summer vacation, I do not have any conscious memories of that place.

When I was there for my marriage, needless to say my wife too hails from Varanasi, I roamed around some of the places there, ghats, ganges, the narrow bylanes, BHU and since that time I have fell in love with that place. It resides in my heart.

Same evening it happened, after I heard about the blasts, apart from the fact that I felt in total denial of the incident & I could not believe something like this could ever happen to a place like Varanasi, I just sat there motionless for 5 hours, in front of my TV with news channels beaming the news.

I felt as if the blast had in fact ripped some part of my body. Luckily my wife & kid who have gone to Varanasi recently & were present in the city at time of blasts was another reason to be worried. They are all safe & sound but at the same time 20 lives have been lost they must have been somebody's wife, someone's father, some son & daughters of someone.

I have never been good at expressing my feelings and at the moment I can't find appropriate words to describe the anguish & pain I feel.

Amen !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home