Tuesday, March 14, 2006

ENDS OR MEANS....

The comparison is as controvertial as the famous coffee-toffee tagline in one of the ads appearing on Indian TV.

I feel every person has to define his/her need of sticking to the ends or the means. FOr some end is the most important, for others like me means are as important if not more than the end.

To quote from the 'Gita', Lord Krishna told Arjun "Karmanye Vadhikaraste Maa Phaleshu Kadachana", literal translation of which means "Do your karma (duty / work) and do not think / desire for its fruits / results".

It has become very difficult for me as a mortal to devise my own philosophy of life. I feel caught between this proverbial rat race for the end & the middle class upbringing (read that values / principles) which anchor me to means.

Amen !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home